The Not So Fantastic Reality:
The above story was inspired by the following tidbits I encountered today:
ONE: Ever have one of those days where you find almost everything you’ve been looking ages for? Today was that day for me. For the past few months I have been on the hunt for a few every day items that I just couldn’t seem to locate. Either the price was to high, the quality too low or a little of both. Now I didn’t find everything on my list (by the by, this ‘list’ is just a running tally of stuff I want/need in my head) but I whittled it down quite a bit. My haul today was quite impressive (by my standards, at least):
1. New linens (100% cotton sheet set still in package, $19.99- Goodwill Boutique)
2. Jeans (my size, a miracle in itself, $2.oo- Yard Sale)
3. A Christmas tree skirt ($3.99- Goodwill Boutique)
4. New (more) of my Henkel kitchen knives ( Henkel block, 10 knives, shears and sharpener, $4.50- thrift store)
5. New books to read (2 books, $0.75- thrift store)
6. Some good sushi (our local joint Lola’s, $26.00 total, including two of the best rolls I’ve ever had, surf & turf roll and Magic Hat roll…which is served ON FIRE)
So just to gloat a little more, that’s everything except the sushi (which I would have paid twice for it’s so good) for a grand total of around $32.oo plus tax. Yeah, today rocked my socks off… guess when it rains, it pours!
Love & Squirrels.