Superhero Wish List OR A Gopher Turtle
- Impregnable mobile fortress
- Low-cost, renewable energy source (nuclear reactor OR yummy grass)
- Armor-like covering over vital organs and soft tissue
- Easily-accessible hideout
- TV series and/or movie based loosely on you (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles anyone?)
- Possess no fear of mere mortals
- Long lifespan despite constant attacks (bad guys OR curious canines)
- Uncanny ability to blend into the background
- Can maintain one position for indefinite amount of time
- May appear vulnerable or slow despite being surprisingly capable and stealthy when pressed upon
- Remarkably strong
- Transformation abilities
- Descendant of ancient species
- Unending motivation to obtain end goal (defeat evil OR eat everything green in sight)
The Not So Fantastic Reality:
The above story was inspired by the following tidbits I encountered today:
ONE: At In Harmony With Nature Animal Haven, there lives quite a character who answers to (ha ha, not really) the name of Terp. She is a large gopher turtle who lives in a den under a shed in the back of the property. She’s a big ol gal, weighing in the ballpark of probably about 60 to 70 pounds, easy. She’s always there to ignore us as we go about our routine of letting dogs out so I thought I’d pay her homage today. Terp spends the day munching on grass and generally ignoring the existence of every other living thing (unless she finds it tasty). The dogs are all interested in her, they run to sniff and investigate her but she goes about her business, I really don’t think she could care less about them or us, for that matter. You can walk right up to her and while she might pull her head into her shell a bit, she usually doesn’t react and will move along with nary a care to find another patch of grass to her liking.
TWO: Went to a late showing of X-men First Class tonight, and I loved it. I’ve always been a big fan of X-Men, watched the cartoon as a kid (Jubilee was my favorite… not sure why since her power was kinda dumb… I think I really just liked her name) and have seen all the movies to date. I gotta say, watching the story of how everything started, the relationships, how the sides were drawn, even the blue & yellow uniforms, pretty groovy.
Love & Squirrels.